Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back on the Blog Gang

I said, a year ago, that I would blog regularly about the casserole book I bought. Well, best-laid plans of mice and men and casseroles, and all that.

Finally, I'm getting back on the noodle horse, and writing at least a blog a week (but I'll try for more) about the recipes located in this book.

I'm going to start at the beginning, and go forward. I may not do a blog about every one, but I'll do as many as I can.

The first in this series is:

Buffet Casserole

Most of the ingredients sound fine; maybe even edible:

1/2 lb. beef sirloin
3 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 10-oz package frozen green beans
1/2 cup beef bouillon
1/2 tsp salt (although I question the sense of having a half a cup of bouillon AND salt, but whatever)
1 tsp flour
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Okay, this really isn't all that bad, right? Right.

Well, then you get to the final ingredient:

2 15-oz cans beef ravioli

Wait, what?

You're apparently supposed to mix all of the other ingredients together in a saute, and line a baking dish with the canned ravioli. You then pour the other ingredients into the middle of the ravioli. Think of it as the crust, I suppose.

Doesn't this sound DELICIOUS?

I'll try to remember to scan a picture of this monstrosity tomorrow. Because reading about it is not nearly as horrendous as looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment